We are leaders in the engineering and consulting industry, with more than 20 years of national and international experience in developing large energy infrastructure projects for the energy, mining and industry markets. We offer a wide range of services, thanks to a consolidated highly-knowledgeable team which holds specific experience, allowing us to be a strategic partner for our clients.
We have participated in major investment projects relevant to the development of Chile and the Region, highlighting works for Transelec, Colbún, Engie (GDF Suez), Eletrans, Abengoa, Kipreos, Bbosh, CGE Transmisión, Empresa Eléctrica de Bogotá, BHP Billiton, Codelco, Antofagasta Minerals, Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi, among others.
Sigdo Koppers Ingeniería y Construcción
a Great Endorsement
Since 2016, we have been part of Sigdo Koppers Ingeniería y Construcción (SKIC), a company with more than 60 years of experience operating in Chile, Peru and Brazil; with the aim of increasing the execution capacity of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects, specifically in the power generation and transmission sector, we acquired the main assets of Dessau Chile Ingeniería S.A. from its Canadian parent company Groupe Dessau Inc., one of the largest engineering firms in that country.
What defines us
We develop engineering projects to create critical energy infrastructure solutions for a sustainable world.
To be a benchmark in developing engineering for energy projects in the Mining and Energy industries.
The conduct of each person working at Dessau must reflect these values, which are present in all of our activities, decisions and the projects we undertake, regardless of the country or location in which we operate.
Respect and Commitment
Respect and Commitment
We prioritize people's health and safety.
We protect the environment and social surroundings of our projects.
We take people's dignity, mutual respect and empathy as the basis of the working relationship.
We operate with honesty and transparency.
We respect ethical business practices.
Focus on the Client
Focus on the Client
We build long-term and trusting relationships.
We seek to understand our clients’ needs, think from their point of view and meet their expectations.
We get the job done right the first time.
We innovate to add value to the company and our clients.
We work as a team to achieve outstanding results.
- Award, together with companies Marte from Brazil and Óptima from Colombia, of the Electromechanical detail engineering, layout adjustment, civil design, design stakeout, resistivity measures, location of structures with PLS CADD management, electromagnetic induction studies and background for the Electrical concession and Environmental Impact Study of the Direct Current Transmission HVDC 600 kV Kimal - Lo Aguirre HVDC Line project.
- Award of the international bid for the execution of the technical bases of the Mega Direct Current Transmission Line project, Bi Pole 500 kV HVDC Kimal - Lo Aguirre, 1500 Km, 3000 MW per circuit for the National Power Grid Coordinator (Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional, CEN).
- Electrical engineering, instrumentation and control systems for the transfer of Tripper, Correa and Spreader stacking equipment for Minera Spence, BHP/SKIC.
- Technical Inspection and Engineering of ST7 project 2x220 kV lines Nueva Maitencillo - Sugar Loaf - Punta Colorada, 2x500 MVA, 196 Km and substations expansion.
- Development of the Owner's Eng. for the Renewable Energies portfolio named Huemul, composed of wind farms Cani, Puelche Sur and Llanos del Viento of 109, 156 and 160 MW, respectively, and Photo Voltaic farms Valle Escondido and Pampa Tigre of 122 and 111 MWp.
- Detailed engineering of the 220 kV Río Malleco and Nueva Ancud substations, for Abengoa/Transelec.
- Technical inspection of works for the Cerros de Huichahue substation project for Eletrans.
- Detail Engineering of seven 220/33 kV substations for project Quebrada Blanca II (QB2) for Abengoa - Bechtel/Teck.
- Detail Engineering of the Substation and Transmission Line 2x220 kV MAPA project, for Abengoa/Arauco.
- Technical Inspection of works for the ST2 2x220 kV Lo Aguirre - Rapel - Alto Melipilla Transmission Line and substations expansion project for Eletrans.
- Execution of the first EPC project, since it was acquired by Sigdo Koppers Ingeniería y Construcción (SKIC). It included detail engineering, procurement support, construction, assembly and commissioning management, engineering management and implementation of Smart Plant Foundation, 3D and Electrical for the WP5 Spence Growth Option (SGO) project for SKIC/BHP.
- Technical inspection of Río Toltén Substation works for Saesa.
- Wind farms San Gabriel and Tolpán connection for Acciona.
- Support services in special projects GPRO, Codelco DET.
- Inspection and counterpart engineering for the 2x220 kV San Fabián - Ancoa project for Saesa.
- Changos – Kimal 2x500 kV Transmission System and design of line details and substations for Coposa/Transelec.
- Dessau Chile Ingeniería is acquired by the Sigdo Koppers Group, forming Dessau Ingeniería SpA, a subsidiary of Sigdo Koppers Ingeniería y Construcción.
- Start of studies for the interconnection of the two main electrical systems in Chile, Central Interconnected System (SIC) and Norte Grande Interconnected System (SING) for client Alusa/GDF Suez. Subsequently, Dessau also provided design of details, construction support and commissioning services for TEN/Sigdo Koppers Ingeniería y Construcción, leading to the successful interconnection and the creation of what is now known as the National Electric System (Sistema Eléctrico Nacional, SEN).
- Together with companies Ingeniería y Diseños INGEDISA and ANTEA Group, we carried out the environmental licensing, detailed design and land surveys of the Sogamoso-Norte Transmission Line, 247 km, and Norte-Tequendama, 131 km, 500 kV, for Grupo de Energía de Bogotá, EBB.
- Support services for projects Pacífico Superior Phase I and II; Diablo Regimiento Phase V; Technical Support and Counterpart Recursos Norte, Codelco, El Teniente Division.
- Opening to the mining market, multidisciplinary engineering master agreements and support services.
- Study and definition of layouts, information for DIA, development of bidding bases for construction, Electromechanical, Civil and Structural design for the Nogales - Polpaico 2x220 kV Transmission Line, transformable to 1x500 kV, 80 Km, and 4 conductors per phase.
- Basic and detail design, cadaster and support in easement management, elaboration of BOMT bidding bases and support in the construction process of the High Mountain Transmission System Maitencillo - Caserones, 220 kV and 200 Km, between the Maitencillo Substation, located in the Vallenar area, up to Caserones Substation, 4500 meters above sea level.
- Advanced basic design for major project Energía Austral Hydroelectric Complex and the 1050 MW the Aysén - Ciruelos Direct Current Transmission Line of the Río Cuervo, Río Blanco and Lago Cóndor Power Plants, an alternating and direct current collector system with a ±500 kV and 715 km extension, from the Aysén area to the connection to the then Central Interconnected System, in the area of the Ciruelos substation in the vicinity of Valdivia.
- Dessau Ingentra prepared the basic engineering and bidding documents of the company that owns the EPR network, supervised their works, and inspected the supply and manufacturing of the Electrical Interconnection System for Central America (Sistema de Interconexión Eléctrica Países América Central, SIEPAC), consisting of 1800 km of 230 kV lines and 15 substations in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.
- Dessau Inc., a Canadian capital company with more than 40 years of experience in large-scale construction projects operating in more than 50 countries, acquires Ingentra in order to consolidate its position in the Energy market in Chile and the Region.
- Conceptual, basic and detailed design; technical inspection of works; supervision of purchases and commissioning of the high mountain transmission system that feeds the Collahuasi mining project.
- Electromechanical, Hydraulic Design, Civil and Mechanical Works of mini hydroelectric power plant Lago Avesado for the client EdelAysen.
- Award of basic and detail engineering; preparation of bidding documents; technical inspection of works and coordination of the commissioning of more than 20 facilities in the surroundings of the cities of Arica, Iquique and Antofagasta for Transemel.
- A group of professionals and technicians who had been working in the energy sector for more than 30 years founded Ingentra. The founders’ specialized knowledge in developing power generation and transmission projects -from preliminary studies to commissioning- and experience in managing these projects, as well as in the quality control of construction works, through the provision of Technical Inspection of Works services, allowed them to quickly position themselves as a relevant market player.